Search Forum

The Fragrance Wheel - What are your preferences ?

The Fragrance Wheel - What are your preferences ? 11 years ago
Just coming off the high of watching Michael Edwards' Presentation at the Esxence Trade Show in Milan via Live Streaming today, I am reminded of the fact that he put together fragrance families in a round wheel, from fresh to oriental.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragrance_wheel

So, going by those families of scents, what are your scent preferences?

Mine are definitely the Floral Orientals, with very few exceptions in Florals or Greens.
Give me a deep oriental long lasting perfume anytime.
Aldehydes are welcome, but oriental bases are a must. The CARONs and TAUERs are my favorites.

Which are your favorites and why?
11 years ago
I'm not quite answering the question at hand here, but I have a question myself. Why is citrus separated from fruity? Is it because there are variations of citrus? But then there are varieties of berries and there aren't separate categories for those. I feel stupid asking, but it's something I have wondered over the years.

I lean more towards fresh or soft orientals.
11 years ago
Hayven maybe it has something to do with citrus notes not lasting as long as fruity. I really don't know the anwser.
11 years ago
My favorites are definitely in the woods end....everything from dry woods (Polo and Quorum) through just about any decent woody oriental.
11 years ago
zip
Last edited by Wichapi on 17.05.2013, 06:47; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Gmmcnair:
My favorites are definitely in the woods end....everything from dry woods (Polo and Quorum) through just about any decent woody oriental.

We must be twins!
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Gmmcnair:

We must be twins!

Maybe...definitely similar preferences in fragrance. Smile
11 years ago
Not fond of watery fragrances, but there's bound to be something in every other category for me.
11 years ago
Seatonica:
Not fond of watery fragrances, but there's bound to be something in every other category for me.

Same here.
----------
Some time ago I stumbled across a fancy Fragrance Wheel. One can click on each group in order to read some details on it. www.fragrancesoftheworld.com/external/wheel/in dex.html
11 years ago
Thanks Mia, I had forgotten about the wheel. It is now saved in my favorites.
11 years ago
Love my Orientals!! Floral Oriental, Woody Oriental, Soft Oriental....don't like the watery notes....not for me, thank you! Smile
11 years ago
I love mossy woods, green scents, florals, orientals... well, I enjoy fragrances from all categories.
Since the wheel dates back to 1983, I miss the FRUITY catagory.
"Fruity" is the category which I normally can't stand...- but there are exceptions in this field, too.
11 years ago
Probably mossy woods are my favorites, closely followed by dry woods and woody orientals. My favorite notes are oakmoss and cedar, so I guess my choices should come as no surprise...
11 years ago
I love reading everyone"s favs! It is lovely being different! That is why it is so nice reading all the different reviews! If we all liked the same thing...it would be so terribly boring!
11 years ago
so much fun to read you all and get to know you all thrue the sense off parfume you like Wink
i am one off thouse who like to explore and test in different directions. and i think i can find perfumes i like in almost every group .
But as for preferances i think this are the most correct for me :

Floral Oriental (Floral + Oriental Notes). Main notes include orange blossom and sweet spices.
Soft Oriental (Oriental + Floral Notes). Main notes include incense and amber.
Woddy oriental is good to . i like patcholie and cedar. but nead a little sweetnes to them . so maybe a mix Wink
11 years ago
I Lean Towards
Floral (Floral + Fresh Notes). Main notes include fresh-cut flowers.
Soft Floral (Floral Notes). Main notes include aldehydes and powdery notes.
Floral Oriental (Floral + Oriental Notes). Main notes include orange blossom and sweet spices.
Soft Oriental (Oriental + Floral Notes). Main notes include incense and amber.
Oriental (Oriental Notes). Main notes include oriental resins and vanilla.
Woody Oriental (Oriental + Woody Notes). Main notes include sandalwood and patchouli.
Woods Main notes include aromatic woods and vetiver.
Mossy Woods (Woody + Oriental Notes). Main notes include oakmoss and amber.
Dry Woods
11 years ago
Sweet & Gourmands here Smile
11 years ago
DECANTShop:
Sweet & Gourmands here Smile

I initially loved the Sweet & Gourmands, along with the aquatics, but those were a phase for me. Some smell really good granted, but my nose still heads for the dry stuff.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands The Fragrance Wheel - What are your preferences ?
Jump to