Search Forum

Krigler

Krigler 12 years ago
Does any of you have tried this house?
Or even own a bottle?

I am impressed with the openings they have, but then they turn very quick I think into a blend nothingness it seems to me... and longevity is also very short for the price they ask...

How do you see this house?

I am still pondering if I ever will buy a bottle... as I do adore a few of them... a decant is no where to be found Confused

The ones I like are
Chateau * the rose is quite to American taste but nice
Camelia *baby wipes my husband says LOL
Oud *perfect opening, then nothingness
Cognac * seems the best of the lot so far

And what do you think?
12 years ago
Yes, I have tried a little. Krigler is sold in Germany by the Apropos stores. These are chain stores that try to sell anything "hip" and expensive. They have perfume departments where they mainly present those brands of the high priced sector that provide complete series of perfumes. So, it is brands like Montale, Bond No.9, Boadicea the Victorious and, since last year, also Krigler.

I am always a little bit suspicious when somebody enters the market with a respectable serial of ten or more fragrances. I suppose creating perfumes takes its time and whatever has been developped in order to quickly present a new brand cannot all be first class.

I tested their "Oud for Highness 75" which is in-between the Montale Rose/Oud style and the Micallef honeyed Oud style. Maybe I was a bit biased but for that crossover I'd still prefer "G. Nejman - Emir" by Micallef's side brand. I had doubts about the qualty of the oud they use. They definitely overdo it by advertising it as the scent of Hussein I. of Jordania.

And I tested "Lieber Gustav 14" - which is very remarkable and unique. It is a lavender scent on a black tea background! I think there is no other scent with that combination, and if you like both, it is worth a try. I should take the time and translate my reviews.
12 years ago
Apicius:
I am always a little bit suspicious when somebody enters the market with a respectable serial of ten or more fragrances. I suppose creating perfumes takes its time and whatever has been developped in order to quickly present a new brand cannot all be first class.

Apicius, If I'm not mistaken, Krigler was established in something like 1912, which puts them in a much different category than Boadicea or Bond no. 9...
Cool
12 years ago
You are right, they seem to be out of stock again.
12 years ago
In my opinion, they are aesthetically close to L'Artisan Parfumeur. It's funny because people often say that L'Artisan Parfumeur was the first niche perfume house, but I think that the quality and approach of Krigler is very similar, and they have been in this business for a century!

I should perhaps clarify that I am not the number one fan of L'Artisan. I'm just saying that these two houses seem in some ways similar to me...

Cool
Notify about new comments
Jump to