Search Forum

The deep powdery note in Zoologist's Hyrax?

The deep powdery note in Zoologist's Hyrax? 5 months ago 1

A friend and I bought the full sample set. Sprayed it on a paper strip. My friend detected the fecal note immediately, whereas I was overwhelmed by something woody and headache-inducing for several hours. For some reason, I ended up putting the strip in a ziplock, and opened it like 3 days later and it was this gorgeous, expansive, powdery musk, something of a slightly funky, bitter, yet airy quality at the edges like powdered cacao, without any chocolatey aspects.

The next couple times I sprayed it, the opening, dry-down, and development were all totally different. No wood, no musk, just hay and urine. Sour, pungent, and barny. I haven't been able to recreate it since, and I've given up on trying with Hyrax in particular since it's so hard to "tame" like that lol. I'm kind of on a hunt for something with the same note, but I'm super new to the hobby and I can't ID it. Does anyone know what it could be??

4 months ago

If I get a sample of this (set of zoologist samples is on my wishlist) I'll come back to your question and let you know what I think. Fragrance note detective work is fun. 

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations The deep powdery note in Zoologist's Hyrax?
Jump to