Search Forum

EU Allergen Legislation: Please Read!

26 - 50 by 125
10 years ago
Thank you so much MRoth, every signature counts!

Please feel free to present it in any fashion you see fit. For inspiration see Parfumo's feature blog on the petition, which Cryptic kindly authored for us. (Speaking here instead of Grey because he'd refer you to either Cryptic or me anyway. Wink )
Last edited by MiaTrost on 12.12.2017, 08:43; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Breaking news: Perfume Shrine did a blog post on our petition. Very Happy
perfumeshrine.blogspot.gr/2014/04/regulatory-d evelopments-in-front-of.html
10 years ago
Fabulous exposure! I've already shared it and hope others will do the same. Smile
10 years ago
Between Elena and Victoria, I think we're officially legit. Very Happy

boisdejasmin.com/2014/04/petition-to-protect-p erfume.html
10 years ago
Both Corinna (who runs a French version on Facebook) and Ursula posted the link to the PETITION on our regular Scent-of-the-Day chatting group in THE PERFUME MAGAZINE, with posts #5855 and #5858, respectively.

www.perfumemagforums.com/forums/showthread.php ?1-Scent-of-the-Day&p=12202#post12202
10 years ago
Well done, both Corinna and Ursula! Very Happy Unfortunately I have no access to see how people respond. I hope many will read these posts and sign.
If we spread the word ... 10 years ago
more people inside the perfume world will become aware that now a Petition exists who could actually make a difference.

So, I contacted the friendly blog writer "Kafka" and she said, she had already thought of publishing an article on Saturday, when more people have time to read, and just did -

www.kafkaesqueblog.com/

She was wondering (in the e-mail discussion between us) whether only EU people would be interested? I said, no - internationally - everyone cares.

The Petition is there - now how to spread the word? Good question. Definitely on Facebook. Or, just write to other blog owners and ask them politely to post the Link?

Then the signatures may grow exponentionally ...
Re: If we spread the word ... 10 years ago
Pipette:
So, I contacted the friendly blog writer "Kafka" and she said, she had already thought of publishing an article on Saturday, when more people have time to read, and just did -

www.kafkaesqueblog.com/

Thank you so much, Pipette! Kafka's blog is lovely and her feature article surely a fantastic multiplier. Very Happy
10 years ago
Wow! Pipette, that's fantastic! Thanks so much.
Re: If we spread the word ... 10 years ago
MiaTrost:
Pipette:

www.kafkaesqueblog.com/

Thank you so much, Pipette! Kafka's blog is lovely and her feature article surely a fantastic multiplier. Very Happy

Kafka raised the question whether the EU legislators would only care about EU signatures.

I feel, and does it not make sense, that everybody cares as perfumes are internationally sold to international consumers.

Are we not the ultimate customers?? But not everyone is concerned and spritz on just about anything.

Taking the ingredients away from the perfumers is like zapping the life out of perfumes. I think that the symbol of the Mona Lisa painting really shows the problem, and makes it understandable.
10 years ago
I am aware of that question and already addressed it over at Kafka's. Wink

My comment:
Difficult to tell whether or not the EU would care about signatures by non-EU citizens. However, to add my two pence here, it might indicate how much demand there is outside of the EU for perfumes produced within the EU, and the economical impact of this legislative is surely an issue to be considered by the Commission.
Also, the regulatory authority tasked with evaluating public sentiment regarding the law is actively soliciting contributions to the debate by "any interested party" (see: Public consultation on fragrance allergens).
10 years ago
All hail Pipette!! I won't go into detail because I don't want to call attention to the thread and thereby get it closed, but that took some guts. Way to go! *standing ovation*
10 years ago
I signed after receiving the link through the Facebook lobby group. I'm located nowhere near Europe but as a customer of perfumes produced in the EU, I feel it's important that my far flung location is acknowledged in the public consultation process. The fragrance industry has a world wide reach. My country may not be that important economically but that's partly due to lack of distributers and poor availability. The US market must be huge, economically speaking?
10 years ago
Thanks for your feedback, Triffid, and for signing. Very Happy Every signature matters.

Triffid:
The US market must be huge, economically speaking?
Yes, although Europe (still) represents the largest market. However, the "stable growth patterns in emerging markets of Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Eastern Europe" surely are also very dear to the (European) fragrance industry. Just to give you an idea: the global fragrances and perfumes market is estimated to exceed $36 billion by 2017 (see: GCI Magazine).

I believe it would be rather silly to ignore consumers.
And, as stated above, "any interested parties" are invited by the Commission to contribute - that includes consumers from all over the world. Fragrance lovers unite!
Last edited by MiaTrost on 13.04.2014, 20:40; edited 3 times in total
10 years ago
Is anyone active over on Makeup Alley? I can't even remember my screen name over there or I'd put up a topic in the perfume section.
Tweets on Twitter 10 years ago
I just tweeted a message and included the link to the Petition.
While looking at other people's messages, I found one from Basenotes.
I suggest that all members who have a Twitter account, could tweet something like this:
============================================== ================
If you care at all about fine perfumery, read this: www.parfumo.com/petition/

or

If you want to make your voice heard on the future of the perfume industry, visit this page - www.parfumo.com/petition/

or

....whatever words you choose and add the link.
Facebook 10 years ago
It is fairly easy to say a few words on the daily status box and include the link.

Also there are groups on Facebook which - again - are a good multiplyer.

So I posted today: If you care about fine perfumery, read this -

www.parfumo.com/petition/
Connections to perfume retailers? 10 years ago
I don't know whether it is a far-fetched idea to contact stores, like LuckyScent, AusLiebezumDuft or others.

When one buys there, there is probably an e-mail contact and then find the person who may be interested in the idea of doing something to protect fine perfumery.

All this is N E T W O R K I N G ...

And say your words nicely, "with a drop of honey, one catches ..."

Just brainstorming.
Wink
10 years ago
The stores are a good idea Pipette. They, and their customers, stand to lose from the regulations.
10 years ago
Signed, tweeted, put a reference to the petition over at Makeupalley and I also put a link on my blog to the petition.
10 years ago
Pipette, the store angle is great thinking. I'll follow up with as many as I can think of. Thanks for that and all your networking!

Sorceress, you doll! Thank you. As if I didn't know it before, this community is very special.
Yay!! 10 years ago
Andy Tauer wrote this morning about ...

www.tauerperfumes.com/blog/

I am so happy.
10 years ago
Yay! Andy Tauer. Very Happy

Sorceress:
Signed, tweeted, put a reference to the petition over at Makeupalley and I also put a link on my blog to the petition.
Thanks so much, Sorceress!
Your blog is lovely. Don shared it over at the German site: www.parfumo.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=356953#35 6953
10 years ago
Signed.
Facebooked.
Blogged.
10 years ago
Silverfire:
Signed.
Facebooked.
Blogged.

Thank you, Silverfire, very much appreciated!
Please feel free to share the link to your blog - I, for one, would love to read it. Very Happy

More exposure from Essenza Nobile.
26 - 50 by 125
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community EU Allergen Legislation: Please Read!
Jump to