Search Forum

Fragrance for son's baptism

Fragrance for son's baptism 4 months ago

Baptizing my son in a few weeks and looking for something classy but not overpowering that will fit the occasion. Evening, indoors, formal (black tie), late winter/early spring. My shortlist is currently:

Reflection 45Reflection 45 ,
Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum)Amyris Homme Extrait de Parfum ,
Burlington 1819Burlington 1819

But I'm open to any and all suggestions up to $500. TIA!

4 months ago 1

Without any info as to what sort of frags you like, and given that the ones in your shortlist are quite different from one another, the first recommendation I can offer is, for sure, "New York Intense | Parfums de Nicolaï", that's the first fragrance that comes to mind when hearing classy and black tie.

That said, knowing if you're looking for specific notes, or things close to a specific fragrance, or members of a fragrance family, would make it easier to give you meaningful suggestions.

Also, given your budget, if you have something in mind already I'd just buy a few samples from an online store carrying niche frags and take my time sampling them, there's really no substitute for that.

4 months ago

I think the shortlist fragrances are pretty similar in what they do, even if they don’t share a lot of notes. Basically what I’m looking for is a modern clean and fresh woody scent built around something like cedar or sandalwood. Maybe some citrus/neroli to amp up the “clean” effect, but not enough to overpower the woods. Also something that has a unique DNA that I can make an association with rather than something like an Aventus clone, etc. I also posted this in a Facebook group and got suggested Silver Mountain WaterSilver Mountain Water which is also a strong contender now.

My plan is to get samples, either online or in store but I want to see if there’s any suggestions people have that I can sample as well. I definitely won’t buy something like this blind. Thanks for the suggestion @Johnjssmith!

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Fragrance for son's baptism
Jump to