Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

26 - 50 by 4531
11 years ago
Sherapop:
I just read one of my Creed boxes. Yes, they were tailors, too! So I vote for "Angélique Encens"! Laughing

Sorry, Sherapop. Wrong country.
11 years ago
I'm stumped! Confused:
11 years ago
Moi aussi. Perhaps a follow up clue ... ?
11 years ago
The fragrance in question was introduced in 1924.
11 years ago
Flaconneur:
The fragrance in question was introduced in 1924.

Oh good, this should narrow it down... back in a jiffy... Wink
11 years ago
Is it Chanel Cuir de Russie? Confused:
11 years ago
Varon Dandy?
11 years ago
Varon Dandy - No
Cuir de Russie - No

Perhaps a sneak peak at the notes list might help:

Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Geranium, Rose, Cedar, Orris, Carnation, Cinnamon, Orange Blossom, Sandalwood, Leather, Musk, Moss, patchouli, Ambergris, Castoreum and Vanilla.
11 years ago
Dans la Nuit?
11 years ago
Nope.
11 years ago
Knize Ten.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Knize Ten.

Congrats, Cryptic. You are correct.
11 years ago
Shocked

Mitsouko is often said to have been inspired by Coty's Chypre. Which Coty fragrance may have influenced L'Heure Bleue?
11 years ago
was it L'Origan?

Confused:
11 years ago
Yes, it was. Smile
11 years ago
Can you Answer These?

Question 1: By the ________, aromatic plants were being grown in the Grasse region of France to provide the growing perfume industry with raw materials.
19th century18th century17th century16th century
[report]

Question 2: Knowledge of something perfumery came to Europe as early as the 14th century due partially to ________ influences and knowledge.
Arabic languageAncient North ArabianEgyptian ArabicModern Standard Arabic

Question 3: Both of the raw ingredients and distillation technology significantly influenced western perfumery and scientific developments, particularly ________.
Inorganic chemistryPeriodic tableChemistryElectrochemistry

Question 4: ________ ordered generous supplies of perfume, and King Louis demanded a different fragrance for his apartment everyday.
Madame de PompadourVoltaireSeven Years' WarÉtienne François, duc de Choiseul

Question 5: Perfume reached its peak in England during the reigns of ________ and Queen Elizabeth I.
Edward VI of EnglandCharles I of EnglandElizabeth I of EnglandHenry VIII of England

Question 6: The Bible describes a sacred perfume (Exodus 30:22-33) consisting of liquid myrrh, fragrant cinnamon, fragrant cane (________), and cassia.
ScopolamineCannabisMandrake (plant)Amitriptyline

Question 7: in Northern India mentions use of fragrant ________ oil.
Southeast AsiaIndonesiaVietnamAgarwood

Question 8: Thanks to the hard work of two talented Arabian chemists: Jabir ibn Hayyan (Geber, born 722, Iraq), and ________ (Alkindus, born 801, Iraq) who established the perfume industry.
Abu Rayhan BiruniAlhazenAl-KindiNasir al-Din al-Tusi

Question 9: ________ quickly became the European center of perfume and cosmetic manufacture.
ItalyUnited KingdomFranceCanada

Question 10: Both of the raw ingredients and distillation technology significantly influenced Western perfumery and scientific developments, particularly ________.
ChemistryElectrochemistryPeriodic tableInorganic chemistry
11 years ago
1. 18th Century
2. Arabic
3. Chemistry
4. Madame de Pompadour
5. Henry VIII
6. You might want to check your work
7. Agarwood
8. Al-Kindi
9. France
10.Chemistry (both 3 and 10 are the same question)
11 years ago
DING DING DING Your'e Right Again
11 years ago
What happened to Sherapop's question?
11 years ago
I'll post my question now quickly, before Flaconneur comes up with another stumper Laughing

Mine are always easy:

Which perfume was alluded to by the Al Pacino character in the film The Scent of a Woman?

This should take someone all of five minutes...

Cool
11 years ago
MNQ:
Blow away by your knowledge everyone, gonna take a stab at Sherapop's question - was it Caron Fleurs de Rocaille?

Perhaps an easy one, done a million times but here goes: There are 2 perfumes that appear in the film Working Girl, can anyone guess them?

First you need to specify, as many people confuse the two homonymic names:

"Fleurs de Rocaille" (1933)

or

"Fleur de Rocaille" (1993)

Wink
11 years ago
MNQ:
Sherapop:
MNQ:
Blow away by your knowledge everyone, gonna take a stab at Sherapop's question - was it Caron Fleurs de Rocaille?

Perhaps an easy one, done a million times but here goes: There are 2 perfumes that appear in the film Working Girl, can anyone guess them?

First you need to specify, as many people confuse the two homonymic names:

"Fleurs de Rocaille" (1933)

or

"Fleur de Rocaille" (1993)

Wink

I changed my mind from Fleur (90s version) to Fleurs (1933 version) - that pesky 's' makes all the difference apparently Wink

But you were right: you initially said "Fleurs" (see above), which is the 1933 version! It's very confusing, but the film and the newer perfume were released around the same time (maybe even the same year?). The one with the extra 's' is the early perfume.

Confused
11 years ago
Just let me know where everyone is ready for the "stumper". Smile
26 - 50 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to