Search Forum

The journey of taking a small break from fragrances part 2.

Have you taken a break from fragrances?

Yes
62% 5
No
25% 2
I tried and failed after a day or so
0% 0
I plan to in the future
12% 1
Total Votes: 8
The journey of taking a small break from fragrances part 2. 11 months ago

So, some of you will maybe remember I took a break about 3 months ago after months and months of wearing a fragrance, sometimes more than one in a day.

I kept posting updates each day or so with what I thought were interesting changes that took place in my senses and not just smell.

I am taking another break and have posted a blog you can see If you click HERE where I talk about some of the advantages that happen within just 3 days of not wearing a fragrance.

I made a poll the last time I done this on here and some other forums with the outcome info on the blog for you to read. I will make another one here for you to vote on again. I hope you will take part in both voting and in reading the blog and letting me know what your thoughts and experiences are on what I experienced and if you too have taken a break whether they match up with mine.

I am eager to hear from you either here on the forum or in the reply section of my blog. Especially with our influx of new members recently. Welcome to your new home 😊

To those who are not taking me up on the challenge I made in the blog. I hope you enjoy your SOTD and to those who do have the will power I look forward to experiencing our enjoyment of enhanced senses on the other side of this little journey. I can’t wait! 😊

EDIT: Day 1 - I am already noticing something as by now i usually have a fragrance on me. Half way through the day and what is happening is my mind is creating the memories of numerous fragrances. By this I don’t mean I am remembering events tied to fragrances but rather I am remembering how certain fragrances smell in my head and it’s like I can actually smell them, not with my nose but in my head like my brain is trying to create something that it is used to having every day and now that it doesn’t have it, it’s recreating the memories of how certain fragrances smell and it is exactly how I remember the fragrances it is recreating. I have had about 5 in the last hour. This created a thought. Are our brains capable of becoming addicted to the stimulation of the smell of something we like?

Here are a few that has been coming to me PaxPax , Light Blue pour Homme Eau IntenseLight Blue pour Homme Eau IntensePacific ParkPacific ParkVan Py RhumVan Py Rhum

11 months ago

Day 4

So, i am on day 4 already and something i noticed the other day is that i usually have no idea about is that my clothes have gathered a collection of different fragrances on them. They are a zipper hoodie and a regular hoodie i hang at the back door where there is also a fragrance pouch my mum hangs. I only really wear them when it is cold and recently i have been trying to only spray on skin, so it surprised me to realize that the smell was coming from my hoodies and not the scent pouch.

I will have to wash them to clear off the fragrances, even though the combination smells really nice as i walk past them, i spray on skin so that if i wear something different at night or the next day my clothing should not be a miss mash of different scents. So you may think your clothes have no fragrance on them, and in fact do. So that is my update for now Smile

11 months ago
Today is day 7, Yay my final day !!!!

Today i put a t-shirt on that had been through the wash and when people say they can still smell things on clothes for days i forgot that sensation as today i could stil smelll a freshie, yup either Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette)Versace Man Eau Fraîche Eau de Toilette OR Light Blue pour Homme Eau IntenseLight Blue pour Homme Eau Intense , so to be able to smell those after going through the wash i would say my nose should be in perfect condition for the tast ahead of me.

I don't think i noticed as many changes this time as i did on my last break, but there definitely were some.

I started this break because i was told my batch of Y (Eau de Parfum)Y Eau de Parfum which i felt i was only getting 3 hours out of before what i was being told was me going nose blind or it is indeed a bad batch, so i guess tomorrow my first fragrance will be that. to see which it is. As much as i like the Y DNA there are much better fragrances i would like to wear such as my "Khamrah | Lattafa / لطافة" i had been on a waiting list for all year and finally got last week and i am yet to wear!!!!! Frustrating!

Anyway If it lasts longer in this heat then i can say for sure it was me. I will give it 3hrs minimum though because even with this heat after 7 days of wearing no fragrance i should smell it.

24 mins and the 7 days are done! In fact what i could do rto give it a fair chance, at nightime around now the temperature is the same as it was during the day at the last time i wore it so i could wear it in 23mins and see how long it lasts for tonight as i am away to watch the new episodes of Black Mirror.

How did i distract myself, you may ask? Only by opening all my boxes and taking photos all week, yeah great distraction lol. I am glad i managed to pull it off though.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions The journey of taking a small break from fragrances part 2.
Jump to