Search Forum

Canadian Summers

Canadian Summers 10 months ago 1

Hi! First time posting, a bit shy to do so but I just had to ask this question! 

I grew up in Canada and to us summer meant travelling north to lakes and forests to escape the heat, relax, hike, canoe etc. Quite a different experience to going south and lying on a beach closer to the equator.

So while many people seem to think of tropical/fruity/coconut scents as summer scents I think of woodsmoke, coniferous trees, toasted marshmallows, cider... things that are often considered "autumn" scents.

Has anyone else had this experience? I'd love to hear about it and about what your favourite perfumes are to compliment this particular summer experience. 

Thanks for reading! Smile

10 months ago 2

Hey there! A fellow canadian Very Happy

Although I do get what you're saying since Canada has plenty beautiful and lush forests that offer woody, fresh and spicy scents, I still associate summer with heat and beaches. Experiences are different for anyone, but I'm glad you mentioned toasted marshmallows as I associate those treats with summer and fall.

I think that AprèsAprès would fit your summer vibe. I haven't tried it yet (even though I have the vial) but I've heard so many people saying it's a perfect perfume that reminds them of coniferous forests.

10 months ago
Telekinec

Hey there! A fellow canadian Very Happy

Although I do get what you're saying since Canada has plenty beautiful and lush forests that offer woody, fresh and spicy scents, I still associate summer with heat and beaches. Experiences are different for anyone, but I'm glad you mentioned toasted marshmallows as I associate those treats with summer and fall.

I think that AprèsAprès would fit your summer vibe. I haven't tried it yet (even though I have the vial) but I've heard so many people saying it's a perfect perfume that reminds them of coniferous forests.

Oh yay hello!! Very Happy

Thank you so much for your response! Toasted marshmallows are just ~ *chef's kiss*

I actually have an unsampled sample vial of Après as well! XD Thank you for your recommendation, I will definitely give it a try!

Notify about new comments
Jump to