Search Forum

Erba pura too weak??

Erba pura too weak?? 6 months ago 1

I have bought this perfume a couple of months ago. The problem with this is that it doesnt perform nor last.

I know for sure its original. Even Xerjoff confirmed it through email after sending them some pictures.

This perfume is known for its beastly performance but what is wrong with mine? Did any one else had this kind of experience? I would be grateful for any tips from you guys

6 months ago 1

Yes I have one very similar PaxPax which is a true beast that last until the next day and projects like mad. It is probably my strongest performer in my collection in all honesty. I love the smell so much after hearing Erba Pura was similar I got it in a discovery kit and thought it was pretty good compared to some other fragrances but not a huge performer like #pax or other fragrances I own. However a friend of mine on here has it and she said it was so strong she never wore it again. My guess is they maybe reduced the strength or it is just a batch issue because I had the same happen to me with Y (Eau de Parfum)Y Eau de Parfum which was meant to be a beast mode fragrance which only lasts 3-4 hours on me. People said I was at fault so I took an 8 day break to put aside any chance of being nose blind and only sprayed on wrists and the same happened. I also asked people around me, family etc, if they could smell it and it was a no.

It could be the way it was stored or transported also. Shame as I love the smell and think it varies just enough that I would buy it even though I have PaxPax

6 months ago 1

It's very likely some kind of noseblindless. Erba PuraErba Pura is extremely strong. Maybe your nose gets overwhelmed and cancels it out.You can try to spray it generously on a cotton pad and put that into a small container for about a week. When you open the box again, you can usually smell the fragrance better than before. I had success with this method for some perfumes I could barely detect.

6 months ago
DogiCoco

It's very likely some kind of noseblindless. Erba PuraErba Pura is extremely strong. Maybe your nose gets overwhelmed and cancels it out.You can try to spray it generously on a cotton pad and put that into a small container for about a week. When you open the box again, you can usually smell the fragrance better than before. I had success with this method for some perfumes I could barely detect.

Didnt heard this method before, gonna give it a try. Thanks a lot

6 months ago

I tend to agree with @DogiCoco ... using an official sample, Erba PuraErba Pura is really strong and longlasting, noseblindness might be something to consider.
I assume you did not buy it from a retailer? Are you sure it was not tampered with?

6 months ago

Something i should add that i forgot to mention in my first reply was that i find samples can vary in comparison to the full bottles.

I got a full bottle of Xerjoff's SopranoSoprano and wow the difference. I thought i had bought the wrong fragrance at first. Since i have a full bottle i wasn't worried about using up what was left in the sample and when i sprayed out what was left in it instead of just a few sprays from the sample, i got a totally different experience that matched the full bottle that time. Some samples are perfectly fine and do match the full bottle, but then there are some with the experience i just mentioned.

Sometimes the sample atomizers can be a hit or a miss, even from Xerjoff you can end up with some that spray out a blob of liquid instead of a good fine mist. This has happened to me with many fragrances ranging from designer up to triple digit £££ niche fragrances.

So, if you have a good amount in your sample left, maybe you could try to spray the entire thing out on to your skin and doing so will give you a better chance of experiencing the actual performance and scent that will come from a full bottle. As you can see from the photo, i still have a decent amount of juice in my sample also. So it could be the case we are doing the same mistake of not spraying enough because even though a few sprays from a sample looks like a decent amount, in reality compared to a spray from a full bottle it doesn't match.

I would test out this theory and method for Erba PuraErba Pura with you @Aliz but i am on a month long break to rest my nose before my birthday and Christmas comes as i will be ordering a lot of samples then to test what i want to buy for my birthday/Christmas self gift lol.

I should just add that with the case of Erba Pura being a problem of nose blindness with me because it's too strong, if i can wear PaxPax without going nose blind to it then i should be able to wear Erba Pura, but hey in 3 weeks time i will give it a go as this is almost my first week of my break done and if you are still curious as to my experience by then i will gladly share it.

6 months ago
Mitchcraft

Something i should add that i forgot to mention in my first reply was that i find samples can vary in comparison to the full bottles.

I got a full bottle of Xerjoff's SopranoSoprano and wow the difference. I thought i had bought the wrong fragrance at first. Since i have a full bottle i wasn't worried about using up what was left in the sample and when i sprayed out what was left in it instead of just a few sprays from the sample, i got a totally different experience that matched the full bottle that time. Some samples are perfectly fine and do match the full bottle, but then there are some with the experience i just mentioned.

Sometimes the sample atomizers can be a hit or a miss, even from Xerjoff you can end up with some that spray out a blob of liquid instead of a good fine mist. This has happened to me with many fragrances ranging from designer up to triple digit £££ niche fragrances.

So, if you have a good amount in your sample left, maybe you could try to spray the entire thing out on to your skin and doing so will give you a better chance of experiencing the actual performance and scent that will come from a full bottle. As you can see from the photo, i still have a decent amount of juice in my sample also. So it could be the case we are doing the same mistake of not spraying enough because even though a few sprays from a sample looks like a decent amount, in reality compared to a spray from a full bottle it doesn't match.

I would test out this theory and method for Erba PuraErba Pura with you @Aliz but i am on a month long break to rest my nose before my birthday and Christmas comes as i will be ordering a lot of samples then to test what i want to buy for my birthday/Christmas self gift lol.

I should just add that with the case of Erba Pura being a problem of nose blindness with me because it's too strong, if i can wear PaxPax without going nose blind to it then i should be able to wear Erba Pura, but hey in 3 weeks time i will give it a go as this is almost my first week of my break done and if you are still curious as to my experience by then i will gladly share it.

I actually bought a full bottle from a legit store that is quite popular in my country.

I checked the box, the bottle and it is authentic.

I also checked the bottle if it was previously used and then filled with fake perfume but everything is fine.

Now after few uses i can see some small scratches on the cap and atomiser, now i know that my bottle was new. @Kraemdon

6 months ago 1
Aliz
Mitchcraft

I actually bought a full bottle from a legit store that is quite popular in my country.

I also checked the bottle if it was previously used and then filled with fake perfume but everything is fine.

Now after few uses i can see some small scratches on the cap and atomiser, now i know that my bottle was new. @Kraemdon

@Aliz Oh yeah, sorry, i should have read your post again properly and i would have realized you had got the full bottle. My bad, sorry lol.

Do you ever take breaks from wearing fragrance at all? I am taking my longest break since starting collecting last year. This is my 3rd break. The last two were just for a week, roughly. I mean there are days between the breaks where i would wear nothing for a day but not enough to be classified as a proper break, although even a few days wearing no fragrance can make a difference TBH.

It felt like i had just taken a break not that long ago, and it wasn't until i went to post a blog about it that i realized it has actually been 5 months of wearing a fragrance or even more because as we know we can wear more than one a day with a day time fragrance and an evening one, furthermore there can be the 3rd wearing with the likes of The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette)The Dreamer Eau de Toilette which i use when i m having trouble sleeping. Then there are days when i layer, which i do often. So, even with the day here and there which are very seldom, all those days with the layering etc pretty much nullify any day i may have not worn anything and to do that for 5 months straight is a long time. I am taking this break because i started to notice my favourite fragrances do not smell as they should to me. For example, Spicebomb Infrared (Eau de Toilette)Spicebomb Infrared Eau de Toilette smells like Christmas day to me usually and i am not getting anything that smells anything like Christmas day and i know just how strong the projection of that fragrance usually is and was not performing at all for me.

Do you have some fragrances you have owned for several years and know exactly how they should smell and perform? I have a few i have known since my teens and now i am 42 and they are different enough from one another that they give me the ability to test my sense of smell and i am able to tell exactly which notes i am not detecting on certain days, i mean we all get a day here and there when things won't be perfect but when the off days start to outnumber the good you know there is a problem.

It is actually something i suggest that anyone reading should do is get at least one fragrance they are able to tell the notes apart easily and check in with it from time to time to see if you are still getting the smell you remember and if it is lasting as it should etc. This is the problem i ran in to recently as i have a few and all of them had notes missing that made them smell wrong, such as CK One (Eau de Toilette)CK One Eau de Toilette didn't have that awesome fresh energetic pop in the opening and instead came out as only a woody scent, another is Hugo (Eau de Toilette)Hugo Eau de Toilette which is basically the 1990s Hugo Man and i couldn't smell a number of notes properly. So this has led to me taking my 3rd break and i am doing it for a month instead of just a week.

So i don't know how far you are in to your collection like if you have been collecting for years and can test your version of my go to CK One (Eau de Toilette)CK One Eau de Toilette etc that you could maybe try along with some others you know well. If you are early in your collecting, i would say find something to make your own CK ONE now, make it one that doesn't cost a lot for a 200ml, so you are not spending a fortune on a fragrance to test your ability to smell notes.

Sorry that was quite the paragraphs there, but i think it is good for people who are maybe early in collecting to have this game plan ahead of them if they plan on collecting for years.

If you have some you can test for the next few days to see how your ability to detect notes you know well and if you are having the same issue i am then maybe a break could just do the trick with a bit of luck.

6 months ago
Mitchcraft
Aliz
Mitchcraft

@Aliz Oh yeah, sorry, i should have read your post again properly and i would have realized you had got the full bottle. My bad, sorry lol.

Do you ever take breaks from wearing fragrance at all? I am taking my longest break since starting collecting last year. This is my 3rd break. The last two were just for a week, roughly. I mean there are days between the breaks where i would wear nothing for a day but not enough to be classified as a proper break, although even a few days wearing no fragrance can make a difference TBH.

It felt like i had just taken a break not that long ago, and it wasn't until i went to post a blog about it that i realized it has actually been 5 months of wearing a fragrance or even more because as we know we can wear more than one a day with a day time fragrance and an evening one, furthermore there can be the 3rd wearing with the likes of The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette)The Dreamer Eau de Toilette which i use when i m having trouble sleeping. Then there are days when i layer, which i do often. So, even with the day here and there which are very seldom, all those days with the layering etc pretty much nullify any day i may have not worn anything and to do that for 5 months straight is a long time. I am taking this break because i started to notice my favourite fragrances do not smell as they should to me. For example, Spicebomb Infrared (Eau de Toilette)Spicebomb Infrared Eau de Toilette smells like Christmas day to me usually and i am not getting anything that smells anything like Christmas day and i know just how strong the projection of that fragrance usually is and was not performing at all for me.

Do you have some fragrances you have owned for several years and know exactly how they should smell and perform? I have a few i have known since my teens and now i am 42 and they are different enough from one another that they give me the ability to test my sense of smell and i am able to tell exactly which notes i am not detecting on certain days, i mean we all get a day here and there when things won't be perfect but when the off days start to outnumber the good you know there is a problem.

It is actually something i suggest that anyone reading should do is get at least one fragrance they are able to tell the notes apart easily and check in with it from time to time to see if you are still getting the smell you remember and if it is lasting as it should etc. This is the problem i ran in to recently as i have a few and all of them had notes missing that made them smell wrong, such as CK One (Eau de Toilette)CK One Eau de Toilette didn't have that awesome fresh energetic pop in the opening and instead came out as only a woody scent, another is Hugo (Eau de Toilette)Hugo Eau de Toilette which is basically the 1990s Hugo Man and i couldn't smell a number of notes properly. So this has led to me taking my 3rd break and i am doing it for a month instead of just a week.

So i don't know how far you are in to your collection like if you have been collecting for years and can test your version of my go to CK One (Eau de Toilette)CK One Eau de Toilette etc that you could maybe try along with some others you know well. If you are early in your collecting, i would say find something to make your own CK ONE now, make it one that doesn't cost a lot for a 200ml, so you are not spending a fortune on a fragrance to test your ability to smell notes.

Sorry that was quite the paragraphs there, but i think it is good for people who are maybe early in collecting to have this game plan ahead of them if they plan on collecting for years.

If you have some you can test for the next few days to see how your ability to detect notes you know well and if you are having the same issue i am then maybe a break could just do the trick with a bit of luck.

Thank you for your advice ❣️

4 months ago

Erba PuraErba Pura never had issues with it. But i can't stand this obnoxious ambroxan vibe.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Erba pura too weak??
Jump to