Search Forum

Response to personal messages.

Response to personal messages. 4 months ago

Hello everyone, I have been a member of Parfumo for a good year now and I'm curious if other members experience the same.

What surprises me is that I often don't get a response when I send someone a message. For example, I regularly look at sample requests and if it concerns a scent that is difficult to obtain, I sometimes offer a sample. I don't get a response to more than half of them, which to be honest I find a bit rude. 😌 

I'm actually curious if I'm the only one here this happens to? Or maybe it is a technical problem and are messages not received?

4 months ago

Hello Thara,

I experience it sometimes too. Then you propose a swap, but that is not answered because people want to sell it. This is not specifically stated that they only want to sell it, otherwise I would not propose a swap😉 But in general my experience is that my message is responded to in a polite and friendly manner. I always respond when I receive a message...I think that's polite and  normal. Fortunately, most people here at Parfumo are friendly and polite😃

4 months ago

Thanks for your comment Esther.🙂 I understand that this sometimes happens, but I thought three out of six messages was quite a lot. That's why I wondered.
Those I have had contact with have always been friendly and polite, that’s for sure. Well, I guess it's just a coincidence.

4 months ago

Hi,

regarding swaps, I only contact the person when they are requesting a swap of decants, even so I never got a response. Don't know why this happens, maybe they didn't activate the function to be notified when someone writes. 

4 months ago

Hi, That could indeed be the case Cocopah. But if you sell or request a perfume or sample in the Souk, then you regularly check your messages, I think? Well, personally, I don't think it's very polite not to respond if someone makes an effort to help you with something you're looking for. 🤷‍♀️

4 months ago 1

Hi Thara,

of course you are right, it is not ok to launch your request to the platform and then ignore the responses. A reaction should come, even if late. 

My answer was not excusing this behaviour but looking for possible explanations, and this is only speculation on my side, for example, one takes longer to respond because life gets in the way and/or one is not savvy in the ways of social media platforms. This does not exclude other possibilities such as people "empty" posting for points or whatever reason.

4 months ago

Hi Cocopah,

Thank you, I think the answer will not be reveiled. But at least I know now that I am not the only one. 🙂

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Response to personal messages.
Jump to