Forum-Suche
Übersicht Perfumes & Brands
What are you testing today?
What are you testing today? 7 Tagen vor 3

Hello everyone! One of my favorite aspects of the fragrance hobby is testing out new scents - I'm always trying to improve my sniffing skills and expand my fragrance palate. So, I'm creating this thread in hopes people will share their impressions here about what they are currently sampling. The good, the bad, and the ugly - I'd love to hear all your thoughts! 😃

To start if off:

Today, it's a breezy, cool Autumn day, and I'm sampling Amouage Sunshine Woman for the second time. I do find this scent enjoyable, as it reminds me of a niche, slightly more refined version of Jessica Simpson's Fancy Love. The blond tobacco, juniper, and osmanthus in this scent are particularly delicious to me. Projection seems light, which is OK, as it keeps the scent from being cloying. In my opinion, a man or a woman would smell great in this. I would definitely wear this if someone gifted it to me, but at $340 on the USD retail market, I won't be purchasing a bottle right now. Very lovely to sample though!

PS. I am new to the site, so forgive me if I make some glitches in posting here - I'm still getting the hang of everything. (I'd love to know how to insert small images of the perfume bottles themselves, the way I have seen in some other posts!)

7 Tagen vor 2

Interesting, when I was testing Sunshine Woman, all I got was a weird synthetic blackcurrant

7 Tagen vor 1
Tetracom

Interesting, when I was testing Sunshine Woman, all I got was a weird synthetic blackcurrant

Hallo, 😎

I usually don't like black currant all that much in fragrances, but it's not super dominant in Sunshine to my nose. It has that fruity, apricot-like osmanthus, white tobacco with creamy vanilla and some nice woodiness in the drydown on me. It also reminds me just a little of Kilian Good Girl Gone Bad, but Sunshine runs into a more gourmand territory, along with having better longevity and a little more oomph than GGGB. Maybe Sunshine smells a bit differently on each of us because we live in vastly different climates, too - who knows? 🙃

The longer I'm wearing it, the more it seems to be growing on me. Le sigh. 

Editing to update: I ended up purchasing a bottle of Sunshine during the Black Friday deals. Hah.

Last edited by Darkmatt3r on 28.11.2020, 04:13; edited 1 time in total
7 Tagen vor 2

I tested out Bitter Peach last night.

This opens as a honeyed peach-chouli cocktail with an underlying hint of skank to my nose. The patchouli is the slightly dirty, musky variety. There's something herbaceous, bitter, and almost black currant-like in the top and heart of this, which I couldn't figure out at first. I started scanning my brain for other fragrances I've tested and realized - duh, it's the davana oil note. I've smelled it in Blousy by Miller Harris and The Vagabond Prince's Enchanted Forest ; it's unmistakable in those two fragrances and here as well. Davana is what makes this peach bitter. 

This was interesting to sample. I was expecting simplistic candied peach rings, but it's actually got a bit more mystery going than that. The drydown transitions into spiced, tangy peach on a bed of vanilla cream, lactonic sandalwood and hints of vetiver. There is a sensuality to it, in my opinion, and I'm not just saying that because it's Tom Ford. 😉  I would surely enjoy the sillage of Bitter Peach trailing off other people, but this is probably not one I would wear for pleasure myself.

5 Tagen vor

Comme des Garçons Rouge 

This scent is like wearing a glass of cold-pressed juice cleanse splashed onto my body. I might have to wash it off.   ☆ 3 / 10

1 Tag vor
Darkmatt3r

I tested out Bitter Peach last night.

This opens as a honeyed peach-chouli cocktail with an underlying hint of skank to my nose. The patchouli is the slightly dirty, musky variety. There's something herbaceous, bitter, and almost black currant-like in the top and heart of this, which I couldn't figure out at first. I started scanning my brain for other fragrances I've tested and realized - duh, it's the davana oil note. I've smelled it in Blousy by Miller Harris and The Vagabond Prince's Enchanted Forest ; it's unmistakable in those two fragrances and here as well. Davana is what makes this peach bitter. 

This was interesting to sample. I was expecting simplistic candied peach rings, but it's actually got a bit more mystery going than that. The drydown transitions into spiced, tangy peach on a bed of vanilla cream, lactonic sandalwood and hints of vetiver. There is a sensuality to it, in my opinion, and I'm not just saying that because it's Tom Ford. 😉  I would surely enjoy the sillage of Bitter Peach trailing off other people, but this is probably not one I would wear for pleasure myself.

Main question - is it worth the money?

1 Tag vor
Tetracom

Main question - is it worth the money?

If one is a lover of peach, davana/artemisia, & patchouli notes, then I think possibly so.  For me, absolutely not. I don't even need a travel spray. I don't like peach in most fragrances, but if I was going to purchase one, it would be Parfums MDCI Péché Cardinal. I definitely think Bitter Peach is worth sampling though! 

Übersicht Perfumes & Brands What are you testing today?
Jump to