Search Forum

A question for L'Artisan lovers.

A question for L'Artisan lovers. 11 years ago
Please don't be so put off by its apparent stupidity as to exit without answering! Laughing

Are "Dzongkha" and "Timbuktu" similar and if so, how?

They share more than a few notes, and most times one of them is mentioned the other one is at least referred to.
Samples are not easily procured where I live, so I only have a tiny one of Dzongkha and am thinking whether or not Timbuktu is now in order.

If anyone cared to do a side by side comparison, I'd be beyond grateful.
11 years ago
Hey, ChapeauClack: I don't think I have both available. However, my testing notes (which are several years old) say that one time Dzongkha reminded me of Timbuktu and another time it reminded me of Passage d'Enfer! Sorry I don't have anything more helpful to say.
11 years ago
So Passage features somewhere in this equation as well...
Thanks for the input PBullFriend, that's something to consider.
11 years ago
My memory of these two is that "Timbuktu" is like sweaty incense, while "Dzongkha" has a very clear leather note along with the incense, and is also more spicy.

I have a purse spray of Timbuktu, but I'll see if I can find the remnants of a Dzongkha sample vial so that I can do a side-by-side...
11 years ago
Sweaty incense... Hmmm...

I'd really love to see your comparison, Shera Smile
11 years ago
In my opinion they are in the same vein of gourmands- spicy sweet incense. Timbuktu smelled of mango, pink pepper berries and cardamom over incense and Dzongka started with a Lychee note, then cardamom and black tea over incense. I love incense fragrances, but, I tested them most recently side by side about a month ago. Neither one of these were favorites from the line for me.
11 years ago
Flavorite:
In my opinion they are in the same vein of gourmands- spicy sweet incense.

Gourmand?!? Wow, I've been testing Dzongkha and gourmand didn't even cross my mind. Is Timbuktu more in the foodie vein?

Flavorite:
Neither one of these were favorites from the line for me.

May I ask which are? Smile
11 years ago
ChapeauClack:
Flavorite:
In my opinion they are in the same vein of gourmands- spicy sweet incense.

Gourmand?!? Wow, I've been testing Dzongkha and gourmand didn't even cross my mind. Is Timbuktu more in the foodie vein?

Flavorite:
Neither one of these were favorites from the line for me.

May I ask which are? Smile

Maybe, I have a weird nose, but my first impression on both of these was that they made me feel hungry...followed by the incense in the base a bit later on. Dzongkha reminded me of chai tea, with its cardamom and tea notes really coming at me strongly at first and Timbuktu- I got a big dose of green mango (circa Hermes "Un Jardin Sur Nil") that was mouth watering and followed by some spices including more cardamom- I think Cardamom always means food for my brain.

My personal favorites from L'Artisan (right now) are "Mechant Loup" (Hazelnuts, honey, Tonka, spice, "Premier Figuier Extreme" (fig, fig leaf, coconut milk and sandalwood) and "Passage d'Enfer" (white lily, frankincense, aloe, white musk)-in spite of the fact that I don't typically like frankincense, this is a really beautiful fragrance). But I should say that I have not yet had a chance to sample Caligna or the Mon Numero series.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands A question for L'Artisan lovers.
Jump to