Search Forum

Mailing List Issues at The Perfumed Court

Mailing List Issues at The Perfumed Court 10 years ago
So I just ordered a decant from The Perfumed Court, and then I get a confirmation in my e-mail box. With the order number and the order status.
On the bottom of that confirmation letter is an invitation to join the newsletter of The Perfumed Court. So I click on to that, and up comes

an invitation to join the mailing list of Surrender To Chance.

Somebody must have hacked into the System of The Perfumed Court and planted the invitation to Surrender To Chance.
Like so, and I quote:

"Sign me up (It's FREE!)

Your email address: _______________________

Thank you for joining the Surrender to Chance mailing list. We look forward to keeping you informed of all the latest new releases, specials, flash sales and fragrant news! We normally only send out e-mails once a week or less, but always with a special deal, a discount, what's new in the store - the things you want to hear about!

Confirm your email address:_______________________ "
I think that is unfair. Criminal, even. It takes a lot of nerve to do that.
Last edited by Pipette on 16.02.2014, 20:16; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
edit ---to remove link

So, they were with the perfumed court at one time?
Last edited by Cincy on 16.02.2014, 20:14; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Cincy:
www.basenotes.net/threads/298815-Surrender-to- Chance

So, they were with the perfumed court at one time?

Yes.
10 years ago
Update:

Before I posted this new thread, I had contacted the owner of The Perfumed Court. She was unaware of the situation and will contact the computer expert to fix the hacked spot.

Why do I care? Because I think it is unfair to hack into somebody's System and direct the customers to your site.

Who exactly planted the link, is unclear. One thing is clear, The Perfumed Court did not do it herself. Because the other store is the competition.

At the bottom of the "Invitation" is the following language:

"SIGN UP.
Getting it done right. Surrender to Chance uses SafeUnsubscribe which reliably removes your e-mail address from our lists."

If that is not an invitation to a particular website, what is?
10 years ago
Good for you Pipette, to contact The Perfumed Court. If you hadn't, they might not have been aware of the hacker. Many people wouldn't have bothered, but you did.
10 years ago
I noticed the link to another store already a month ago, but somehow it passed me by.

This time it jumped on me. This is odd, I thought. So I contacted the owner who now has to fix it. She was unaware and she was glad to have been made aware of it.

This link is now being removed from the customer order confirmations.

This topic is dangerous because it could be interpreted as libel or slander.

I only described a situation and that is the truth.

May I suggest to close this topic as the parties will deal privately with one another.
10 years ago
I agree Pipette, that is why I removed my link a couple of days ago. However I didn't realize you copied and pasted my link. Smile
10 years ago
Cincy:
I agree Pipette, that is why I removed my link a couple of days ago. However I didn't realize you copied and pasted my link. Smile

That happened when I quoted you and replied to your answer. That link is okay. Nothing big in there.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Mailing List Issues at The Perfumed Court
Jump to