Search Forum

Goods returned by Deutche Post

Goods returned by Deutche Post 5 months ago

Recently I've found that Deutche Post has returned a couple of perfumes I've attempted to send in the post. Of course, I know that perfumes are not *supposed* to be mailed, but I've never had this problem before.  (Naturally, I don't declare that the items are perfumes when I post them)

Has anyone else found this happening lately?  Is there a way around it, perhaps a way of defeating whatever scanning methods are being used?

5 months ago 1

I don't know how it works in your country, but in the US you can send perfumes, but they have to be declared as such and sent ground. It takes longer to get there but it does get delivered.  So, I suggest you go to you post office and ask them how they can be sent. There must be a way because manufacturers have to send them out to stores and customers too. There are also other shipping services that you can use like DSL and FedEx, among others, so you are not just stuck with having to use the government shipping service. Hope this helps. 

4 months ago 1

Hey there, American in Germany 🙋‍♀️ DHL owns Deutsche Post, it’s the same thing - basically the package branch of their service. It’s easy to send perfumes within Germany but may be illegal to import them like it is for any kinds of medicines or vitamins. German customs are really overbearing and strict and they hold way too many packages. I’ve been here 20 years and it’s gotten worse and more expensive, to the point I ask my American people not to send stuff anymore or just use a courier as they have an easier time with customs, but you pay for that. I’ve had better luck getting things quickly through customs with FedEx and UPS. Good luck! 😅 

4 months ago 1

Hi,

I have no problem receiving/sending perfumes within the European Union or Germany. I do tell the postal employee the contents of the package and that it is a glass bottle of perfume or decants inside. I declare it to make sure the package is handled as "fragile" and that it must be sent by ground transport. This is bc perfume is considered a hazmat for air cargo due to the amount of alcohol (flammable). You don't say to which country you tried to send the perfume, if it was outside of the EU, it is possible that this might have been the reason the package was returned to you. In addition, many import/export trade agreements that made the purchase of goods from the US and the UK to Europe easy ended during the past 5 years or so (e.g. Brexit). The result is that the regulations are so complicated that even big companies decided to stop selling and shipping perfume and beauty products to/from countries belonging to the European Union. It is possible to arrange for courier shipping but as a private person this is way to expensive and complicated so I follow DarkSparkle´s advice and avoid the whole mess by not sending perfumes abroad. 

Regards,

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Goods returned by Deutche Post
Jump to