Search Forum

Beauty Encounter

Beauty Encounter 5 years ago
I have ordered from Beauty Encounter twice, but I do not think I will order from them again in future, and this is why.

First order they sent me a re-celloed box. It was the manufacturer's white box, and beneath the cello were dark smudges from finger prints. They also shipped in an envelope. Other than the smudges, the box arrived undamaged. I had to send it back and wait for a replacement. I never ordered from them again for many months. I ordered from them again recently forgetting that they shipped in an envelope the first time.

The second order, an even higher end fragrance, arrived today (USPS is horribly behind in deliveries---this is the worst Christmas season I have witnessed with them) in an envelope. I was so chagrined that I set the package aside for hours before I finally worked up the courage to open it late tonight. Firstly, I had to use a scissors to cut it out of the tightly taped envelope. Then, once it was freed from the envelope, I had to cut it out of a layer of tightly taped bubble wrap. Once I finally extricated the perfume from the bubble wrap, my heart sank.

The perfume I had so anxiously awaited for almost a week obviously had not been well cared for before coming to me. Firstly, the cello, although it looked original, was loose and "aged" looking. I do not know where they store their stock, but judging by this box, I would not doubt that it was stored in a hot, humid warehouse. Heat and humidity do this kind of damage to cello. Also, along the edges of the box were signs of stress to the cardboard no doubt from the very tight wrapping of it first inside of bubble wrap and then inside of an envelope. I am sure its movement through the mail stream contributed to this as well. On top of all of this, there was a rather "oily" or "greasy" feeling to the cello as though whomever prepared this for shipping did not have clean hands. To say I am disappointed would be a grave understatement indeed.

I am pretty disgusted with Beauty Encounter. I would rather they said "if you want your perfume shipped in a box, please add an additional $1, $2, $3, or whatever amount to the shipping cost to cover it." I would rather pay a little more to have my perfume arrive in a box than to have it shipped to me like this. I would not be pleased to receive a very inexpensive perfume shipped in this manner much less a high end perfume. They are closed at the moment, but I left a very unfriendly message on their recorder a few moments ago.

I know Fragrancenet is not perfect, but they have never done this to me. Their shipping may be slow, but I have never received a bottle of perfume from them in an envelope. I lament this sort of thing with individual eBay sellers, but to have a big company do this is totally unacceptable. I ordered a few other fragrances from another discounter recently (not Fragrancenet) and they arrived in pristine condition in a shipping box. That is what I expect from a reputable seller.

Anyway, friends, if you order from Beauty Encounter, you may want to do it over the telephone and specify that you want your order shipped in a box and not in an envelope.
5 years ago
Hello Oriane,
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with this vendor.
Dusty inside/dirty cellophane which made my fingers grey and obviously looked as if it had been too much in heat or sunlight sound familiar to me.
However, the envelope and tightly ruined box aside, greasy packaging and fingerprints indeed sound more than one should expect from a professional vendor.
For that matter, I even wouldn't want these by a private seller, similar to some clothes or crafting items 'in very good condition' smelling of tobacco smoke.

Hopefully, the customer service will process your claim and make amends as it is due.
If such are not single cases, I cannot imagine them already being almost 20 years around.

Nonetheless, I wish you a Merry Christmas and beautifully scented holidays.
5 years ago
Anessa:
Hello Oriane,
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with this vendor.
Dusty inside/dirty cellophane which made my fingers grey and obviously looked as if it had been too much in heat or sunlight sound familiar to me.
However, the envelope and tightly ruined box aside, greasy packaging and fingerprints indeed sound more than one should expect from a professional vendor.
For that matter, I even wouldn't want these by a private seller, similar to some clothes or crafting items 'in very good condition' smelling of tobacco smoke.

Hopefully, the customer service will process your claim and make amends as it is due.
If such are not single cases, I cannot imagine them already being almost 20 years around.

Nonetheless, I wish you a Merry Christmas and beautifully scented holidays.

Thank you, Anessa. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful, healthy, happy 2019!

Best,
Oriane
Notify about new comments
Jump to