8 years ago
- You could try "Eau Sauvage" again, it has the herbal style from the 50's and 60's.
- You could try "West Indian Lime". The style is similar but it's much simpler and also cheaper. West Indian Lime has no verbena but it has lime. In the dry down it has vetiver.
- You could try Armani Eau pour Homme. This is also citrus in the old style because it has basil. The old bottle
is better than the new bottle
. The old one is discontinued, you can find it online.
- You can try "Escale à Portofino" or "Escale à Parati". They are unisex colognes from a few years back, they were sold in the women's section. The style is also 'classic'. Escale à Portofino smells most similar I think, but Escale à Parati gets the best ratings.
- Have you tested "Pour Monsieur Concentrée"? I think the performance is good. It has more vetiver.
- I also like "Versense": a citrus + wood + vetiver + fruit mix. It smells 100% unisex but it is sold in the women's section.
Which one competes for the throne? I think none of them, they are not perfect.
PS. Why do you like the vintage so much? What's wrong with the current Pour Monsieur?