Search Forum

Silly Stories around Perfume

Silly Stories around Perfume 11 years ago
I can't believe we don't have one of these silly topics yet!
Let's tell some fun stories. Embarrassing sales associate behaviour. Stupid things people say about your perfume. Relatives attempting to give parts of your collection away to random people.
The only limit - it must be a true story.
11 years ago
I'll start.
My Father is very sensitive to a certain variety of Patchouli, it gives him nausea and headaches. Strangely enough, there are plenty other Patch varieties that he doesn't even notice. Anyway. I once went to visit the parents wearing a scarf that's been doused in "31 Rue Cambon" days before. The coat hanger was full, so I put my coat in one of the bedrooms, scarf in sleeve. Several hours later Dad comes from work and starts suspiciously pacing up and down the hall, nostrils wide open, sniffing loudly. At this point Mom, my brother and I are all watching him. - What smells like patchouli? he demands. Apparently, the silly teenage brother of mine has never heard the word patchouli before, lucky innocent babe. - What smells like whaaaa???? - I think he wet his pants laughing, honestly. I know he can.
And then, when the three of us are done laughing our heads off, picture this, Dad is standing in the bedroom doorway, opening and closing the door and trying to air out the Patchouli, as if he were in a sauna. Using the door as a fan. And mumbling "why on earth would you bring patchouli into the room where I'm going to sleep, do you want to poison me or something". Poor old Dad!
And it's not the end of it, of course. Ever since, no matter what I wear, my brother asks: are you wearing your PATCHOULI again? and bursts out laughing. Teenagers Rolling Eyes
I come from a very quirky family, I admit.
11 years ago
Hahaha! My mom does something similar, except she just inhales deeply and makes an ugly face, asking what smells like perfume (nothing in particular, just "perfume").

I've shared the following story many times, but I will once again.

When I was born, my dad bought me a bottle of Chloe. I held on to it (and we still have it in my old room--with the box intact too!); occasionally I would spray it in the air. I didn't particularly like the scent, but it was perfume and fancy stuff for a little kid. When I was about 6 or 7, I meant to spray it down at the floor; but the nozzle was turned upwards and it sprayed into my gaping mouth and nose. I never choked and coughed so badly in my life. Honest to God, I haven't sprayed that bottle since.
11 years ago
There was that time I smashed a bottle of Portrait of a Lady on the bathroom floor and sucked up the dregs with a turkey baster. Then I wiped the floor with my bathrobe so as to get every last drop. Embarassed
11 years ago
Hayven:
Hahaha! My mom does something similar, except she just inhales deeply and makes an ugly face, asking what smells like perfume (nothing in particular, just "perfume").

I've shared the following story many times, but I will once again.

When I was born, my dad bought me a bottle of Chloe. I held on to it (and we still have it in my old room--with the box intact too!); occasionally I would spray it in the air. I didn't particularly like the scent, but it was perfume and fancy stuff for a little kid. When I was about 6 or 7, I meant to spray it down at the floor; but the nozzle was turned upwards and it sprayed into my gaping mouth and nose. I never choked and coughed so badly in my life. Honest to God, I haven't sprayed that bottle since.

Hayven, I am surprised that you like perfume after that mishap.

Cryptic, I bet you had some choice words to say, or cried, that is what I would have done.
Last edited by Cincy on 28.06.2013, 20:37; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Cincy, I didnt get back into fragrances until college. My roommate worked for a perfume kiosk in the mall and wore many different nice-smelling things.
11 years ago
Hayven, I have always wondered about the perfumes being sold in the kiosk at the malls. I passed by one every day walking in the mall in Ohio. I saw the old Dior Dune with the black stripe at the bottom of the box. I was leery about buying. Tell me about the perfume kiosks,
11 years ago
Well Cincy, I don't know much about the counters in general other than that my roommate was paid by commission and raked in a good amount of money. As far as I know, the company she worked for sold legitimate fragrances. They buy fragrances wholesale and then jack up the price a bit to make a profit. So they're not necessarily cheaper; but of all the times I have visited to this particular counter (it's been a while), they really know about what they are selling compared to some big department stores shilling the latest trend.

www.perfume-center.com/ is the name of it.
11 years ago
Thanks Hayven, now I know about the perfume kiosks. Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Many years ago I was browsing through perfumes in a well-known perfumery chain. I cannot remember which scent it was but when I wanted to put the tester back onto the shelf it fell to the floor and broke. Guess I was so shocked about the noise and the smell and everything that my brain simply stopped working in that moment....otherwise, I guess, the name of that juice would have been burnt into my mind forever Smile

Anyway, the sales ladies were very kind to me and helped cleaning up the mess...and I was allowed to enter the store again Smile

Since that day on I have been extra-extra-EXTRA careful with handling testers Smile
11 years ago
I really miss those clocks Paul Sebastian used to give away as a free gift with fragrance purchase. I was named "The girl who wears Design" by my co-workers back then.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Silly Stories around Perfume
Jump to