Search Forum

Good-smelling cheapies are hard to find

76 - 80 by 80
9 months ago 2

I am quite late on the subject🙂, but Tosca by Maurer & Wirtz is a great 'cheapy' if you like soapy, aldehydic perfumes. It's being compared to Chanel No5 often, but I actually think Tosca is nicer. It's easily found online in Europe. I would advice the EDP, but the EDT is also very nice (as is the EDC, but that doesn't last as long as the EDT and/or EDP ofcourse, though it performs very well for an EDC compared to other colognes)

Giorgio from Beverly Hils is also not expensive and can be found in many drugstores for a song.

Lace, now distributed by Milton & Lloyd, is also nice, it was originally made by Yardley, but it is still a beautyful, fresh and powdery scent. 

6 months ago 1

I just came across this thread (31.10.23!) and felt compelled to mention my favourite "cheapies".

The one that started me in this journey as a teen was Vanderbilt (Eau de Toilette)Vanderbilt Eau de Toilette. I still can find it in drugstores but don't use it anymore bc it smells nothing like the powdery gem I wore decades ago. Dear to me is also Love's Baby SoftLove's Baby Soft... bought from Safeway.

More recently, I love the Eau Parfumeés from Elizabeth Arden, anything with tea, cherry blossoms, pear and lychees. I also cherish my Reb'l Fleur (Eau de Parfum)Reb'l Fleur Eau de Parfum and Pure HoneyPure Honey.

Don't have them yet but I plan to purchase: Nivea (2015)Nivea (2015) and/or Nivea SunNivea Sun. Don't know what it is in them but I like them a lot.

What I appreciate in this type of perfumes is that they are wearable anytime, anyplace and most importantly, I don't have to worry that each spray costs me 0,98 Euro.

6 months ago 1

I'd say almost everything from Elizabeth Arden is worth it, especially ArdenbeautyArdenbeauty and 5th Avenue Royale5th Avenue Royale. Most of CK are quite affordable as well. And ofc Lovely (Eau de Parfum)Lovely Eau de Parfum ( I won't buy NR since this is available) and Miss APMiss AP.

6 months ago 1
Ringtale

I am quite late on the subject🙂, but Tosca by Maurer & Wirtz is a great 'cheapy' if you like soapy, aldehydic perfumes. It's being compared to Chanel No5 often, but I actually think Tosca is nicer. It's easily found online in Europe. I would advice the EDP, but the EDT is also very nice (as is the EDC, but that doesn't last as long as the EDT and/or EDP ofcourse, though it performs very well for an EDC compared to other colognes)

Giorgio from Beverly Hils is also not expensive and can be found in many drugstores for a song.

Lace, now distributed by Milton & Lloyd, is also nice, it was originally made by Yardley, but it is still a beautyful, fresh and powdery scent.

Thanks for reviving this thread! It was interesting to see which perfumes were cheap in the past. Some of which are no longer so easy to get for a song Bvlgari BlackBvlgari Black 👀

I think the entire house of Solstice Scents is a great source of original "cheapies" if you enjoy incense or gourmands in particular. Some of my favorites are Nightgown (Perfume)Nightgown PerfumeScrying Smoke (Perfume)Scrying Smoke Perfume and Foxcroft (Perfume)Foxcroft Perfume

(as an aside, I think I'll start looking for some pictures for these)

4 months ago

Voyage (Eau de Toilette)Voyage Eau de Toilette is one cheapie i will forever recommend to anyone getting into the sport.

76 - 80 by 80
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Good-smelling cheapies are hard to find
Jump to