Search Forum

Which floral has most scent development?(is the least linear

Which floral has most scent development?(is the least linear 9 years ago
hi,

I want to order a couple of samples from different categories, including a floral perfume. And I'd like to pick the perfume that has the most scent development, i.e. the one that is the least linear. I like it when the fragrance changes over time Very Happy

I'm considering:
- Caron "Parfum Sacré"
- Annick Goutal "Grand Amour"
- d'Orsay "Tilleul (1995)"

Which one has the most scent development? Suggestions are welcome!
9 years ago
Hmmm. I'm sorry no one has answered yet, Sleuth. I've only tried one of the three. So I wonder whether no one happens to have read this who has tried them all.
9 years ago
Hello PBullFriend, thanks for replying anyway. Maybe I should have posed the question differently, because feedback on one or two would be nice too. But I thought you guys knew *everything* Smile
9 years ago
Out of the three you posted, I've tried Parfum Sacre and Grand Amour.

Parfum Sacre seems somewhat deeper, so that if Grand Amour were a soprano, PS would be a contralto. It also lasts a lot longer, at least on my skin. While both are delicious and very high quality, they are ultimately in different weight groups.

If I may suggest, try Guerlain Chamade before Grand Amour, they are clearly related notewise, but Chamade has a much bigger wingspan and develops more slowly with lots more nuances.
9 years ago
Thanks for the feedback C.C. Smile

Chamade sounds good too. I don't think I'm going to wear a women's fragrance that people will recognize, but I definitely want to smell it now!
9 years ago
Floral aldehydes are way less boring. Look into those...
9 years ago
What's boring about the 3 I listed?
9 years ago
It was just a suggestion of fumes to test.

Parfum Sacre and Tilleul are both definetly not boring. Parfum Sacre doesn't seem too floral, though... more oriental.
Tilleul is a nice clean scent, floral but nothing worth that much money.Also, rather on the feminine side, in my opinion.

I don't like Grand Amour, but it's just because I don't like the Annick Goutal "undertone" in general, to me it smells a bit like petroleum. So instead of this, I suggest that maybe...you could try some with subtle aldehydes or just florals with spices from Guerlain, YSL

From the 3 list you gave,I really like Parfum Sacre, a clove-spicy-oriental perfume like no other. Can't be confused.
9 years ago
thanks for the feedback Smile
9 years ago
Hi Sleuth,
Are you mainly interested in these three or are other suggestions welcome? If you are open to other suggestions, I think the replies will come flooding in, depends on what notes and style you prefer and how femme you are willing to go.
I agree that floral chypres and aldehydes are always a good bet when it comes to fragrance development. I don't wear orientals much but found that all the Amouages I've sampled have been total shape shifters - where you start is never where you end up.
I'm not in a position to compare the above three as I've only sampled "Grand Amour" and disliked the red berry note in that one.
If you are after a rose-ish fragrance that is not a soliflore and could be pulled off by a guy, "Calandre" by Paco Rabanne is a beautiful rose aldehyde with green chypre leanings that you won't smell on too many people these days. It's been reformulated but the new version is not a disaster.
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Which floral has most scent development?(is the least linear
Jump to