Compare Prices
Übersicht Perfume Recommendations Which Caron scents do you think a man can wear?
Scentimental
Scentimental
127 Posts
ScentimentalScentimental Which Caron scents do you think a man can wear? 30.01.2013, 01:41
I have been discovering Caron parfumery lately and have come to like Parfum Sacre, Infini, Nuit de Noel,Tabac Blond, Les Plus Belles Lavandes de Caron,n'Aimez Que Moi,En Avion and Coup de Fouet. Any other recommendations?

30.01.2013, 01:59
I have vintage Nuit de Noel, which I think is worth seeking out since it's so much richer and darker than the new formulaltion. Ditto for Parfum Sacre, a standout that I'm trying to find in vintage formula.

Dulcemio
Dulcemio
1335 Posts
DulcemioDulcemio 30.01.2013, 07:17
"Montaigne"

Flaconneur
Flaconneur
585 Posts
FlaconneurFlaconneur 30.01.2013, 14:24
I own Tabac BlondTabac Blond and Poivre (Extrait de Parfum)Poivre (Extrait de Parfum).

Scentimental
Scentimental
127 Posts
ScentimentalScentimental 01.02.2013, 04:30
I've got my eye on a vintage bottle of Infini. What do you think about it? Should I buy it?

Apicius
Apicius
3433 Posts
ApiciusApicius 01.02.2013, 05:37
I think I briefly tested Coup de Fouet and Tabac Blond on one of our regular perfume sampling meetings with Coriolon and Rivegauche. High quality but it didn't get me.
Last edited by Apicius on 01.02.2013, 19:07; edited 1 time in total

Scentimental
Scentimental
127 Posts
ScentimentalScentimental 01.02.2013, 18:21
Scentimental wrote:
I've got my eye on a vintage bottle of Infini. What do you think about it? Should I buy it?

Chickenpotpi
Chickenpotpi
16 Posts
ChickenpotpiChickenpotpi 05.02.2013, 19:46
You should absolutely try bellodgia. Its mostly carnation but I think a man should give it a go. If you've smelled Prada's Oiellet No2, its a bit sweeter than that. I would go with the parfum version (vintage if you can find it but not totally necessary)

Royal Bain de Caron is a bit middle of the rode IMO. I think it can swing toward Unisex, though its floral. It can be something I think a man would like.

Also, Or Et Noir is heavy, I like it but IMO its worth trying if you can find it.

Caron Rose I think its too pretty for a guy. Its not something thats made anymore, but I find that the spice component of it isn't something I could call heavy at all.

As with all perfumes YMMV.

LovingTheAlien
LovingTheAlien
20 Posts
LovingTheAlienLovingTheAlien 08.02.2013, 07:10
If you like any of the old ones you'll probably like them all. There's sort of a house signature that you either love or hate. The only exception I can think of is Fleurs de Rocaille. That one is a Quelques Fleurs analog.

Scentimental
Scentimental
127 Posts
ScentimentalScentimental 08.02.2013, 17:03
LovingTheAlien wrote:
If you like any of the old ones you'll probably like them all. There's sort of a house signature that you either love or hate. The only exception I can think of is Fleurs de Rocaille. That one is a Quelques Fleurs analog.

Thanks for the help!

LovingTheAlien
LovingTheAlien
20 Posts
LovingTheAlienLovingTheAlien 06.03.2013, 12:45
For a totally different experience, give Aimez-Moi a try. It's a modern masterpiece. There is a certain perfect balance in the scent. It could easily have been too girly and sweet or too powdery and mature, but it ends up being neither of these. The fragrance never feels overly complex - it is very focused and balanced. It is reminiscent of L'Heure Bleue in its odd apothecary style. It also plays some tricks to get around how sweet it is. It is candy-sweet, but the candy is the sort that makes most people cringe; licorice, mint, and violet pastilles. It's just brilliant.

Gold
Gold
142 Posts
GoldGold 22.03.2013, 19:56
I agree with "Aimez-moi", but also second "Bellodgia", a tender carnation, a bit powdery...a perfume which came before L'Air du temps, kind of announcing it (in 1927). I don't know anything about the quality of the reformlation though.

Off - Topic: What do you think about the new Caron vessels?
I think they are really ugly.

LovingTheAlien
LovingTheAlien
20 Posts
LovingTheAlienLovingTheAlien 29.03.2013, 19:37
Bellodgia didn't wow me until I put it into an atomizer. This is one that should be sprayed, in my opinion. Now I can't live without it. I have only tried the vintage EDC and EDT, of which I have a substantial amount. I would love to try the vintage parfum but haven't stumbled upon one at the right price yet.

I can tell by the amount of sandalwood in this that the reformulation isn't going to be a good one.

Übersicht Perfume Recommendations Which Caron scents do you think a man can wear?

Page 1 of 1