Search Forum

Coffee notes in perfume

Coffee notes in perfume 8 years ago
Can it be done? I think I could use one as polar night will drag on for a few more weeks. What are your favourites? Or just test-worthy examples? I don't know many perfumes with discernible coffee notes -- they claim "Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss" would contain them, but altogether it was much too sweet for me. Thanks!
8 years ago
When I sampled "L'Or de Torrente" I perceived a coffee note midway through the arc. It didn't last very long, though.

I also get coffee in the heart of Parfumerie Générale "Cozé No.02", but there's a lot more than coffee going on there. I have a good sized decant of that one -- it's so lovely in winter!
8 years ago
Hilde Soliani Profumi may be the brand to satisfy your craving. Smile Signora Soliani did quite a few scents with coffee, if I remember correctly, especially "Teatro Olfattivo Di Parma: Bell'Antonio" received some attention. Other than that, "04°N 74°W" is a lovely powdery gardenia, fused with a subtle coffee note into a sophisticated gourmand.
Last edited by MiaTrost on 02.01.2014, 13:24; edited 1 time in total
8 years ago
Aaahhh, thank you both, I love adding new perfumes to my sampling list Smile
8 years ago
"Asmar" by SoOud

Sugared cappucchino with amber. Smile
8 years ago
Bond No 9's I Love New York for All, Bond No 9's New Haarlem, and Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Vanilla Mokha come to mind. They might be too sweet for you though, not sure.
8 years ago
SystemeD:
When I sampled "L'Or de Torrente" I perceived a coffee note midway through the arc. It didn't last very long, though.

I will second this impression. It quickly became a strong rose/strong maple syrup affair to me and I grew to dislike it. However, I did get compliments.
8 years ago
If you don't mind wearing a gent's cologne, then "A*Men / Angel Men" has a very distinct coffee note.

There are two distinct unisex coffee perfumes from Neil Morris: "Café" and "Izmir"

Café is very gourmand, with chocolate and vanilla notes. It is nice but IMHO it lacks a certain oomph (like the indolic jasmine note which makes A*Men so attractive!)

But Izmir is remarkable. It combines a strong coffee with a heady hippie style patchouly note. The focus is much more on this combo than it is in A*Men which also containes both notes.
8 years ago
Noa by Cacharel has it, in the dry down, somewhere from between the bosom, or the heat of a chest, it does appear. I'm not imagining it, although I thought I was until other reviews confirmed it. Hmm, today should be a Noa day
8 years ago
Thank you all for your recommendations, and please keep them coming! Very Happy I have been meaning to test "Noa", but now I have to Smile

I thought I'd add for the benefit of others looking for coffee that Montale's "Intense Cafe" has a prominent coffee note indeed, but for me it is drowned out by the rose which I found screechy and nasty in the drydown. If you love rose, try it. If you hate rose, well, sample first.
8 years ago
This is a special treat: Ambre Nue, since it has coffee scent, if you spray once, wait 1-2 hours, and spray again, then it is a real, earthy black cofee.

Versilia Vintage - Ambra Mediterranea - this is for my nose totally a Pocket Coffee from Ferrero Very Happy
8 years ago
Eau de navigateur is my favourite coffee. Green and woody with some coffee beans.
8 years ago
Tar:
This is a special treat: Ambre Nue, since it has coffee scent, if you spray once, wait 1-2 hours, and spray again, then it is a real, earthy black cofee.

Versilia Vintage - Ambra Mediterranea - this is for my nose totally a Pocket Coffee from Ferrero Very Happy

Thanks! I have a sample of "Ambre Nue" somewhere, unfortunately just splash :/ I will need to check out Ambra Mediterranea too.

Hadrien:
Eau de navigateur is my favourite coffee. Green and woody with some coffee beans.

L'Artisan? Another one to my list Smile

A short breakdown of the purported coffees I have tried since starting this thread:

Cacharel "Noa" is cute but so clean it didn't really do anything for me, but I have a mini for when the moment calls for that kind of thing. PG "Cozé No.02" was really dense and to my nose it had the texture of a burp, plus there really is a cannabis note in it which I do not fancy. Plenty of stuff I have yet to peruse though! Thanks all for your recommendations Smile
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Coffee notes in perfume
Jump to